Lost Tribe Esports (LTE) is expanding its online services, and seeks a self-motivated Independent Contractor to help design, manage, and execute this evolution in our gaming and our gaming community.
This project involves developing and implementing many aspects of a multifaceted esports platform, including organizing and recruiting players for virtual (and, potentially, in-person) competitions.
As an Independent Contractor, you will be responsible for completing work with minimal supervision, and should possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
About Lost Tribe Esports
Lost Tribe Esports is a nonprofit organization founded to engage the next generation in Jewish life through a communal esports platform. We bring online and in-person esports clubs, tournaments, and leagues to JCCs, camps, day schools, youth movements, synagogues, and Hillels throughout North America, as well as to the JCC Maccabi Games. We work with tech providers, industry professionals, foundations and community leaders.
Our platform is fun, ultra-social, barrier-free, and appeals to the vast numbers of today’s youth who connect with each other through electronic gaming on a daily or nearly daily basis. We are building a community of Generation Z gamers and working with dozens of Jewish communal organizations to help connect gamers with Jewish life, pride, and opportunities.
Independent Contractor: Enhance Gaming & Gaming Community | jobs@LostTribeEsports.org | pg. 1 LostTribeEsports.org
About this opportunity
Please have exceptional skills in the following three areas:
- Tech/gaming geek knowledge
Advise us on all things gaming-related, including Discord; Twitch; online tournaments; game choice; in-person events, etc.
- Community building and networking
Liaise well with teens and their parents, as well as with organizational and industry partners
- Management skills
Direct interns to ensure all gaming operations run smoothly
- Project launch July 2020
- Compensation based upon experience
- Location: Remote
Responsibilities Responsibilities of this Independent Contractor include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, oversee, and execute online tournaments
Work with the Lost Tribe Esports team and interns, tech partners, and program partners (when applicable) to execute online tournaments and other gaming opportunities in a wide variety of formats.
- Manage 12 or more online tournaments per month (includes evenings and weekends)
- Maintain continuous communication and coordination with tournament tech partner to ensure tournament user experience is top-tier
- Compose/deliver mass communication to tournament participants (includes texts, emails, and Discord)
- Manage interns
- Recruit, register players, and manage tournament experience
- Liaise with LTE team to ensure larger organizational goals are met
Independent Contractor: Enhance Gaming & Gaming Community | jobs@LostTribeEsports.org | pg. 2 LostTribeEsports.org
- Manage creation and implementation of online tournament platform
LTE is upgrading its online platform to better coordinate its online tournaments and leagues. The Independent Contractor will be responsible for driving this effort.
- Work directly with platform developers to ensure development is in sync with organizational needs
- Ensure smooth transition from current platform to new platform
- Liaise with team to ensure functionality at a practical price
- Manage Lost Tribe Esports online communities
The LTE community has a growing list of online communities. The Independent Contractor will take lead on all of these, with the exception of social media.
- Manage our Twitch presence, community, and partners
- Manage our Discord servers, community members, moderators, and channels. Includes spearheading the launch of new LTE server for adults, ages 18+
- Manage multiple Minecraft servers, communities, and moderators
- Plan, oversee, and execute in-person events
The Independent Contractor may oversee in-person esports events/tournaments, with responsibilities including:
- Recruiting and registering players
- Coordinating event ahead of time with event host and event partners
- Set-up, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of gaming equipment
- Serve as lead point of contact for event attendees
- Administration of tournament, brackets, etc., if applicable
- Oversee staff, if applicable
- Administrate league-style tournaments
- Liaise with point people at program partner agencies
- Coordinate tournaments with tech partner
- Coordinate league with LTE team to ensure organizational needs are met
- Help onboard organizational partners
Lost Tribe Esports works with a variety of different Jewish organizations that have varying levels of knowledge with regard to video games.
- Take new partners on a virtual tours of our online infrastructure
- Advise partners on LTE initiatives appropriate to their local communities
- Serve as a point of contact to partner organizations for any gaming related questions
Independent Contractor: Enhance Gaming & Gaming Community | jobs@LostTribeEsports.org | pg. 3 LostTribeEsports.org
- Prior leadership experience in a logistics and detail-oriented environment
- Understanding of technology and systems needed to manage online tournaments, leagues, and communities
- Fluent in the language of esports and gaming, including the idiosyncratic terminology of gaming culture, platforms, games, and technology associated with the industry
- Dynamic problem-solving skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic, time management skills, and communication skills with an emphasis on written communication
- Comfortable working remotely
- Must own laptop and smartphone and have daily access to each, as well as Internet access. Gaming PC is a big plus.
- Professionalism and people-skills in dealing with many different audiences, including teens, parents, program partners, tech partners, funders, donors, and lay leaders
- Experience in Jewish communal settings (either professionally or as participant) a big plus
*All interested parties are encouraged to apply regardless of whether their experience or qualifications meet all the requirements listed above. Demonstrated work ethic will be prioritized.
Please email resumé and cover to jobs@LostTribeEsports.org